Subject: [Leica] Visoflex on MP (II or III, bellows or....)
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Oct 17 15:44:33 2006

Beyond that - the Visoflex may be a marvel of optical engineering - or
enginoptics, but what has that got to do with its use for real photography
in the real world? (And yes, I did own one many years ago, and thought it
was a nifty gimmick.) It doesn't turn an M camera into a useful reflex
camera, it turns an M camera into a rangefinder camera with a whopping tumor
at the end of its nose. As many a photojournalist found in the 60s and into
the early 70s, if one was a rangefinder shooter, there was no need to invest
in a reflex system - Nikon F body, 105 2.5, 200 f4, and you were good to go
- along with your M2, M3, and range of lenses from 21 to 50 mm. ;-)