Subject: [Leica] Dog wrangling - guns, kids, and saying "cheese"
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Thu Oct 19 17:27:27 2006

Kyle

Don't worry, before it all goes to print one of those folks will unload
an unloaded weapon on someone.As I had mentioned, although I'm against
"gun nuts" your work on the project  is admirable. It will facilitate
all those with preconceived notions to refacilitate their notions.
Henryk Ross photographed the Lodz Ghetto with the full  knowledge of the
Nazis. He may have sneaked a few he wasn't supposed to but nonetheless,
he was a known quantity. Many of the images he took would probably have
been widely published by the Nazis without understanding what was being
shown.

I kind of feel the same about your images. Fantastic stuff which works
on different levels.   One may look and see something and look again and
see something else. You are absolutely right about Florida too. Every
mother's son (and daughter) packs an iron. I remember when the concealed
carry law went into effect years back and half the idiots in the county
started carrying their pieces. Still, we can hope they all shoot
themselves before shooting an innocent passerby.

One other thing, if you want some real action spend time in Texas. I'll
be I could put you in touch with someone around El Paso/Juarez who would
be glad to pop a cap on some one for a couple of 8x10 glossies. :-)

Walt