Subject: [Leica] 6-bit code as installed by Leica
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Oct 29 13:50:56 2006

Frank,

interesting that. Problem is that Leica's clientele have many, many used Ms
and
lenses around and like them; unlike most opther companies whose product
lifespan
is measured in single-digit's worth of years.

Steve's commemt that it would be a lot simpler if Leica came clean about
where
this is leading is right; although I can't see that it will have a terribly
long
lifespan, nor significant role to play.

Peter Dzwig