Subject: [Leica] Printing on Glossy Paper
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue Oct 31 08:58:04 2006

Jim,

I've been fooled by the misperception that printers are going to work
flawlessly plug and play. Using OEM stuff increases the likelihood that
things will work as promised, but even then there are many other
hardware and software variables that it's no guarantee out of the box.

In some ways digital printing is easier than darkroom printing. But in
other ways it can be way more frustrating. Here's what I've learned.

Printing isn't easy, especially if you try different things. Ink and
paper isn't inexpensive (but there are ways to cut costs on some
things). Digital printing has come a long way and you can get remarkable
results but it will likely require some effort. Monitor calibration is
critical. The more often you print the better things work and the easier
it becomes.

Inkjet printers seem to like a workout. The good news in that for me is
it'll motivate me to make a print or two even when I don't feel like
printing. :-)

daveR