Subject: [Leica] M8 & Depth of Field --BAH!
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed Nov 1 08:27:07 2006

The lens doesn't know what the image is being projected on, so with a 50mm
lens for example, depth of field is the same using a APS sized sensor, 35mm
film, medium format, whatever.  It's just that since we all compose in a
common way often using rule of thirds and whatnot, we have to move back a
few steps with the smaller sensor of the digital to achieve the same
composition as the 35mm film.  And focusing scales will work since the lens
will correct itself for the distance you're at.