Subject: Was RE: [Leica] M8 & Depth of Field, now OT
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Nov 2 14:37:01 2006

Walt, regarding the picture quality, technical quality, of course, is not
the same as vision and creativity. But on the technical
side, my 10 yr old son had an art project for school to produce a photo or
series and consider composition theme, etc. I sent him
into the backyard with some basic instruction on the meter and focus
controls and a Contax digi with a good vario Sonnar on it. He
returned with fifty or so images that largely worked very well, were very
sharp (AF) well exposed and some good examples of this new
fangled composition thing the art teacher had been explaining. Just scary
some of his shots were remarkably similar to some of mine.
So much for Daddy pursuing the cult of Leica and thinking that he is a
reasonably competent photographer!
On the other, if I turn up any Nazi era collectables, I'll let you know. I
think there are about twenty times as many in circulation
as were made at the time.
Cheers
Hoppy