Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Nov 5 13:51:00 2006

I agree with Slobodan what concerns the noise. Can't say anything about
resolution as I would need to see 100% crops for that, and not resized
pictures.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/69745616
the water below the boat has extremely rough color noise - very disappointing

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/69754898
color noise in the white shirt is less extreme but still quite disturbing.

Comparing high ISO noise of a M8 and a Canon EOS is not comparing apples and
oranges, I'd say. Noise is noise. And Leica's have always been available
light cameras so the high ISO behaviour of the M8 is an important point to
compare with others.

I believe the M8 has passed the competitors with the solution for the wide
angle/vignetting issue (micro lenses on the sensor), but is clearly behind
in terms of high iso behaviour.

Didier

>Fairly poor resolution and color. That won't pass the wants and needs
>of my screaming hordes. Though I know this is like comparing apples
>and oranges, the Canon DSLR does much better at a higher ISO rating.
>
>Slobodan Dimitrov

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] 2500 ISO)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] 2500 ISO)
Message from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] 2500 ISO)