Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Nov 5 16:56:34 2006

At 04:50 PM 11/5/2006, you wrote:
>I believe the M8 has passed the competitors with the solution for
>the wide angle/vignetting issue (micro lenses on the sensor), but is
>clearly behind in terms of high iso behaviour.
>
>Didier

Keep in mind that these high ISO shots are really HIGH ISO -
2500.  It's unbelievable to me that you can even get an image at that
speed!!  I usually used TMax 400 pushed to 800 and could take photos
with my Leica lenses in firelight and candlelight.  I don't think
I'll be using 2500 except as an experiment as in these photos.  Later
I'll put up a comparison of 640, 1250, and 2500 - actual size - of
the same subject.  I'm more than happy with the high ISO performance
of the M8 and that's where I feared I would be disappointed.  I think
I'll be very happy with what I get at 640 and with Leica's fast
lenses that should be enough.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com