Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Nov 5 10:09:53 2006

PESO:

Here are two photos made at, to me, the incredible ISO 0f 2500 with
the M8.  These were processed from RAW in Adobe Lightroom with the
adjustments zeroed out.  In Photoshop CS2, I adjusted the white
balance, reduced the size, sharpened with PhotoKit, and saved as Jpeg
for the web.  No noise reducing was used although I would normally
use Noise Ninja on photos as noisy as these.  There is noise - quite
a bit.  But the first one is a 4 second exposure and the second one
1/20.  I would not have been able to get these photos without using
2500 so to me it is a useable speed.  The second one, I shot on the
M8 as grayscale, but the RAW file does show up in Lightroom as
color.  I reconverted it also in Lightroom.  Interestingly, it shows
up in Breezebrowser as a black and white photo but BB is looking at
the jpeg which I shot along with the RAW as a thumbnail.

http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/69744912
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/69745616

What do you think?  More coming.

Tina