Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Sun Nov 5 17:37:00 2006

Hoppy hit on something important: once again, there's a real advantage to
investing in a Leica system.

We used to own Leicas for three main reasons--
They are famous for low-light photography.
They are ideal for documentary shots of people.
They're made like tanks, and should be expected to last a lifetime under
normal conditions.

With the advent of digital photography, the ease and convenience of
electronic imaging seemed to convince most professionals (including Leica
devotees) that it was worth forsaking the film rangefinder.

Now we can have all the advantages of a (relatively) quiet rangefinder, with
the advantages of low-light digital.  In other words, the fundamental
reasons for owning a Leica have been reincarnated for the digital age.  The
only question is longevity, which may be truncated by the rapid pace of
obsolescence in digital photography technology.

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA