Subject: [Leica] Opinions on flash gallery with Thumbnail views
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Nov 5 23:54:06 2006

Daniel

It's true this gallery is less made for the small minority of advanced
photographers (who crop and resize their pictures theirselves), but for the
millions of P&S virtuosos out there. And for them it seems to be quite
attractive as this gallery sells very well.

But expecting software developers to be deeply involved in the stuff they're
making programs for, is DEFINITELY asking too much! You could apply this
critic to almost any software. Developers are often off-reality with a
strong technocratic view. Adding and overlaying new features is their aim,
and not evaluating which features are useful and which not, and how to sort,
apply and combine them in a logical manner.

Almost any software I use suffers from radical overfeaturing and unlogical
structuring of the menus. Not talking about the sometimes ridiculous
translations of menus which show that the translators know even less about
the stuff than the programmers.

Could make a endless thread out of that but it's too OT.

Didier

Replies: Reply from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Opinions on flash gallery with Thumbnail views)
Message from dlr at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Opinions on flash gallery with Thumbnail views)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Opinions on flash gallery with Thumbnail views)