Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Nov 6 19:31:09 2006

Jayanand Govindaraj offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] 2500 ISO

> Tina,
> Unlikely that I would want to, at that price. I would buy a Nikon D80/D200
> or an equivalent Canon at one fifth the price. maybe even a Panasonic or
> Sony with a 10MP chip. I would forgo 2500 ASA, and shooting at night
> without a tripod and save US$4000. So be it. This is my opinion. Yours
> might be different and I respect that.
> Cheers Jayanand<,,,,

But then good sir it's obvious you are not a long time user of Leica M
cameras as a working photojournalist with many years experience. If you
should be I apologize. Obviously I respect your opinion or I'd not have
offered mine.

However I find it strange you would consider the other equipment you suggest
which have none of the capabilities of working in the same manner as an M8.
Or M7, M6, M4 or whatever.

>>I would forgo 2500 ASA, and shooting at night without a tripod and save
>>US$4000.<<<<

But then sir you have not had the good fortune to be on assignment under
this type of darkness or non-light situation and still come back with fine
Photos. Unobtrusively taken and a successful assignment completed.  Without
any excuse of.... "I didn't have my tripod therefore I couldn't take
pictures!"

Tina on the other hand returns with successful photos and cheque in hand for
completing an ASA 2500 successful shoot. While making her new found M8 pay
for itself in short order.

It's different strokes for different folks, like weekend warriors and
working pros.

ted

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr) ([Leica] 2500 ISO)
Reply from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] 2500 ISO)
Message from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] 2500 ISO)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] 2500 ISO)
Message from jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] 2500 ISO)