Subject: [Leica] 2500 ISO
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Nov 6 19:31:22 2006

Tina,

I'm a slow film shooter and with digital rarely go above ISO 800.
Your ISO 2500 shots perked my interest. So I took my D2X with a 50mm
f1.2 lens out to the backyard at 11 PM and no lights and shot in the
dark. You know with ISO 1600 at 1 sec and f1.2 It's pretty dark. Yes
the pictures come out (surprise) and are a little noisy, but I'll
never shoot in darkness like that. From what I've seen that makes
your ship picture at ISO 2500 pretty darn good. I think your banding
problem will get fixed. I'm now on the band wagon to pick up a M8
when I can afford it. I've got a nice collection of M glass that
wants to try digital.

Len