Subject: [Leica] Bad weekend?
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 06:36:37 2006

Walt,
  I'm not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean that it will take a lot of
shots to show the color problem or that the batteries don't last long? The
color problem is easily demonstrable, I think it took about two hours for
the first guy who received the camera to discover the problem.

  I do agree that batteries are a big pain in the neck and going on a trip
to a far away place would be difficult. I guess that's the price you pay for
instant review of your shots. Some people have reported that their batteries
only last for 60 shots. I have been able to shoot over 150+ shots (in RAW)
without draining the battery.

 I can't get more than one battery, at the moment, even though I ordered a
spare one ($100+). I also didn't get the grip, something that is really
bugging me. I had a wonderful grip on my RD-1 and I don't have the same
grasp on the M8 without a grip. The camera is one slippery bugger....

  Larry

When you say "all those weird wedding photos" you do plan on taking a
lot of batteries? :-P

Replies: Reply from Bill at photobynelsch.com (Bill) ([Leica] Bad weekend?)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Bad weekend?)