Subject: [Leica] Bad weekend?
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 10:57:28 2006

Hey Walty,
  It certainly would take a lot of batteries to shoot a wedding! That's
another good reason to avoid the wedding biz. ;-)

  Yes, the color can be corrected in Photoshop, not always perfectly, I
would say. The real question is, why should we have to go to such trouble
with this camera, when a lot of other pro level cameras do not have such
drastic color problems. I would feel for any wedding guy who has to fix 300
images. As someone else said, the camera would be a nightmare in that case.
Still, I love the camera and have not returned mine, but would like to see
it fixed.

  As for me, I will sell the M8 to buy the M9, sell the M9 to buy the M10,
sell the M10 to buy the M11! ;-) My guess is that it will cost be around
$500-$800 a year this way, not that big a deal. Life is too short to miss
out on the fun of working with a new Leica product, even one that has flaws!
;-)

  Regards,

  Larry

Larry

I was kidding about the wedding photo business and some of the issues
with the M8. Mostly, how many batteries it would take to shoot a
wedding. Magenta can be corrected in PS. I haven't seen one in person
yet but imagine it won't be long. As far as an M digital purchase I'll
wait for the M11. :-)

Walt

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Bad weekend?)
Reply from walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson) ([Leica] Bad weekend?)