Subject: [Leica] WAS: M8 Impressions NOW: LEFT EYE SHOOTER! :-)
From: larry.k at rcn.com (larry.k@rcn.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 10:37:05 2006

Hey Ted,
  Nice pictures! ;-) Wow, I'll be selling all of my camera equipment now,
starting with that worthless, magenta inducing M8.

   Thanks for sharing your passion for photography with us. I guess it is
like that in any field, those who are the hungriest and most driven make it
to the top. So, where does that leave the rest of us? Can we bring the same
level of passion to our efforts, even if we are never paid for them and we
never achieve professional stature?

  It is interesting that you also felt a need to share your work with other
people, even though it initially led to frustration. I know you said a lot
of your drive has always been internal but I think there is always an urge
to show other people a good photograph, to get them excited about a subject.

 I like the idea of developing one's work around a theme. I think I will try
that approach to see if it motivates me to produce better images.

  Irving, thanks for sharing your excellent work with us. Perhaps I am not
looking closely enough when I walk the streets of New York. Maybe I will
find a subject worthy of a long treatment.

  Regards,

  Larry