Subject: [Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Tue Nov 14 12:57:31 2006

On 15/11/2006, at 7:50, Harrison McClary wrote:

> Michiel Fokkema wrote:
>>

>> I don't understand what's wrong with chimping.
>> I thought that this is the great advantage of digital, being able
>> to check your shot right away and correct if nescecary.
>> Oke, if you're doing a wedding or trying to nail down the
>> desicieve moment you should keep your eye on the vf. Otherwise I
>> don't care and love the immediate feedback and getting the
>> exposure spot on.
>
> Nothing is wrong with it...unless you are covering an event and
> looking at your screen instead of looking for photos.  I have all
> too often seen photogs looking at their camera and not watching
> what is going on around them...when you get back to you car is
> plenty soon to look at your pix, IMHO.

I think the major issue is the destruction of "battery" life on
cameras where the battery life is pretty limited, and the other issue
is watching the sunset on the TV instead of from the verandah.

Cheers

Message from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping)
Message from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] ISO 2500 and another topic- chimping)