Subject: [Leica] chimping, now Leica Sins
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Nov 16 10:38:13 2006

Doug - I owned the 60, not 55 - Nikon macro lens, and I have no knowledge of
the 55 other than what I read here. I used the 60 extensively, and never
once had an issue with flare. No, I haven't used the 60 Leica R, which I've
always heard praised to the skies. And then I saw the image Tina posted. So
while I haven't used the 60 Leica, neither have you used the 60 28D
autofocus Nikon. So I suppose whether or not that lens has a flare problem
comes down to my personal experience using the lens, and whether the Leica
lens has a flare problem comes down to your personal experience using that
lens - and Tina's "guess" that the image she posted was taken with that lens
- whether or not she used it on an R, or a Quaker Oats box is, as we both
know, utterly irrelevant, but whatever took that photo sure produces veiling
flare.