Subject: [Leica] 24 hours with my M8: long
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Sat Nov 18 07:21:16 2006

Alistair Firkin wrote:
>I have had the M8 for 19 hours (including one sleep, while the
>battery recharged) and I can report that at this stage --
>
>When I turned 40, Helen surprised me with an M6, a decade later, I've
>just bought my first pair of reading glasses and Helen has bought me
>an M8.

You are a lucky man, my friend.  Helen sounds like a "keeper" to me!

Glad you're enjoying your M8!  I think most who try one will love it!

<<huge snip>>

>The colour problem needs to be solved:

The colour is pretty good, and I am sure Leica will work on that.
Still, the colour was pretty good in the two tester's I've used
(firmware v0.23 and v1.04).

Colour and AWB have been issues with the DMR since it came out, but
each new release of the firmware has improved things greatly.  And
V1.3 (due out, with luck, prior to Christmas)  will, I am told,
improve things considerably, once more!  I'm sure the same sequence
will go forward with the M8.

BTW: Nice gallery of shots.  Many will find them most helpful in
their decision making, I'm sure!

Cheers!
---

David Young,