Subject: [Leica] Leica M8: "I think it's going to be all right"
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Nov 24 13:22:31 2006

On 11/24/06, Dante Stella <dstella1@ameritech.net> wrote:
> I get the impression that the problems with the M8 are overstated.
> People love to repeat stuff like that, no matter how seldom it occurs
> - and you can look to the Kodak SLR and the Hexar RF to see where
> that chitter-chatter leads.  So I also wouldn't be surprised if the
> M8 disappears as a result of kvetchmongering.

I certainly hope this isn't true. It's been my experience with almost
anything digital that the V1.0 product is nice to look at but will be
improved in subsequent iterations. The M8 will certainly have its
firmware improved and perhaps some fine-tuning to its chip.

I don't give a rat's behind about the IR issue. The amount of color
I'll shoot with an M8 will be darned small. Having a huge color gamut,
as someone (sorry I can't do the attribution) demonstrated by actually
doing some science, is a plus and not a weakness. Putting an IR
reflectant on the chip's cover is NOT the right answer - at least for
this photographer.

So I hope Leica starts shipping them again in time for me to have one
in the winter or maybe spring.

Adam

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Leica M8: "I think it's going to be all right")
Message from dstella1 at ameritech.net (Dante Stella) ([Leica] Leica M8: "I think it's going to be all right")