Subject: [Leica] NYT fashion shoot
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Sun Nov 26 09:43:08 2006

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>Amazingly great shot amazing Witkin shooting in color and
>NO FORMALDEHYDE! No shrunken heads!
>Most be the Lithium crystals they keep putting in his cranberry sauce.
>
>Cant believe him doing magazine work.

I think it's probably his first major editorial assignment, surely his first
in the fashion field.  I'm not sure how it evolved but everyone involved was
aware that it was new territory.  My daughter learned a heck of a lot from
being included.  With all the drawings, set designs, wardrobe work, set
paintings, light checks, etc., the actual shooting was kind of an
anti-climax.  Also, during the whole project there was a crew of French
cinematographers there making a documentary on Witkin.

But he has done commissioned work before, including works for the ministries
of culture of France and Spain.  Also recently did a commission piece based
on Gericault's "Raft of the Medusa" for a private client in France.

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] NYT fashion shoot)