Subject: [Leica] First test Summicron Collapsible
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Nov 26 15:33:22 2006

At 05:55 PM 11/26/2006, Luis Ripoll wrote:
 >Hi all,
 >
 >Recently I've bought a Summicron Collaps 50mm in great condition, and here
 >are my first test, all with my old M3 and Ilford HP5. IMHO the Rigid
 >Summicron was a most fine lens, even if the books says that is the same
 >construction and results.

There was a modest change in the design of the
Rigid 2/5cm Summicron from that of the
Collapsible lens, Luis, though Leitz/Leica has
never given us the full story.  I believe that
the Rigid 2/5cm Summicron is identical optically
to the DR/NF version of that lens, the only
difference being in the lens mount, but I have
never researched this and that could be a third
design based on a common pattern.

I really like the qualities available from the
2/5cm Summitar, the 2/5cm Collapsible Summicron,
and the 2/5cm Rigid Summicron, but all have
distinct signatures.  In the end, I have a
Summitar on my IIIc, a Collapsible Summicron on
my IIIg, and a NF Summicron on my M3 DS.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] First test Summicron Collapsible)