Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 33, Issue 333
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Nov 27 14:53:31 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 2:14 PM, Peter wrote:

>> I grew up in New England, and literally learned to drive on snow (I
>> took
>> driver's education in the winter). So the snow itself doesn't
>> bother me
>> too much. It's everyone else. Especially the Neanderthals who think:
>> "Me have four wheel drive.  Me can go fast!"  I have twice had a
>> couple
>> of twentysomethings joyously gun past me, followed by a 270 to 360
>> degree skid.  One made it OK, the other broadsided a telephone pole.
>>
>> And then there are the people next to me at a traffic light who spin
>> their wheels to get going, and slide horizontally towards me. . .

Going in snow is no big deal. It's the stopping that is the problem.
My home in New York's Hudson Valley is located in an area with an
average winter temperature just at the freezing point. In the daytime
the surface snow melts. At night it freezes into a layer of glare
ice. After a few days the roads are covered with layers of ice and
packed snow, just like the layers of a Napolean only not as tasty.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] OT: Driving in Snow)