Subject: [Leica] Strap fastenings question
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 18:05:52 2006

Joe,
Interesting, I personnally hate the circular split rings, as they rotate and
the sharp ends dig into the strap lug, and the ends of the straps.  I had
one on my M4P and after a month, I went out and bought a new used Leica
strap for it at Central Camera in Chicago.  All of my Leica straps have been
very reliable once they are on, however some have not been the easiest to
install.  On the other hand the Nikon D200 has a triangular split ring on
its strap, however, I am thinking of getting another Leica strap for it as
the Nikon strap keeps slipping off my shoulder, not a good design.  Just my
2 cents.  ;-)

Gene