Subject: [Leica] Photos on the Gallery
From: hankpix at yahoo.com (Hank Kellner)
Date: Fri Dec 1 16:17:48 2006

Thanks, Philippe. I've been printing my photos traditionally (Dektol 1:1,
Kentmere RC VC paper) and then scanning the prints on a Canon LiDE scanner,
which is probably the bottom of the barrel as far as I know.
      I don't do any manipulation: I just scan the photos in Photo Base 3
and save them to disk. As far as sharpness is concerned, you're probably
right about the scanner. The prints themselves are quite sharp.
      Again, thanks. I appreciate your comments.
  Hank Kellner

Philippe Orlent <philippe.orlent@pandora.be> wrote:
  I thought it was a scan of a shifted negative, I didn't interpret it
as an intended form of creative framing.
USM = unsharp mask. Your photos seem a little soft due to your
scanner, I suppose, and unsharp mask regains a bit of the probable
initial sharpness of the negative.

Philippe

Op 1-dec-06, om 22:14 heeft Hank Kellner het volgende geschreven: