Subject: [Leica] R1800 or R2400 for B/W printing
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Dec 7 13:05:37 2006

Wade, I have the R800, which is the same as the 1800 except limited to
letter size. It does an excellent job for colour or toned
b&w. However, if you plan to do significant amounts of b&w, it is limited by
the use of only a single black ctg at a time (photo or
matte). The 2400 is much more sophisticated in that it has extra black ctgs.
You can get excellent results using its ABW mode, or
there is a lot of info regarding use of third party ctgs for pure monochrome.
See Paul Roark and Clayton Jones
<http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/DigitalBlackandWhiteThePrint/>
<http://www.cjcom.net/digiprnarts.htm>

I'm saving for a 2400. Keep getting sidetracked by Leica glass though.
Cheers
Hoppy