Subject: [Leica] V35 enlarger
From: datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff)
Date: Fri Dec 8 20:49:48 2006

I used the V35 for about two years, sold it and went back to my 1C.
Although the variable contrast head was very handy, I just liked
better how the 1C handled and always kept precise auto-focus. I never
quite trusted the V35 on autofocus and found it difficult to adjust
for that. My 1C is the last model made with the white Formica
baseboard and the extra tall column - very elegant and sturdy.

I sold my Omega D5500 with computer color head, motorized everything,
turret with three lenses, foot switch, etc, etc a year ago for a
whopping $350 on eBay (about $10,000 altogether on the retail price
list). Took me most of a day just to package it for shipping! My all
time favorite was the Leica 2C, my daily companion as a darkroom
printer in Stockholm many years ago - I wrote up that story for the
LHSA Viewfinder and posted it at http://northcoastphotos.com/article1.html

Gary Todoroff

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] Aerial photo of Cessna 150 "seaplane")
Reply from pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc) ([Leica] V35 enlarger)