Subject: [Leica] M8 pop photo review
From: shino at panix.com (Rei Shinozuka)
Date: Sun Dec 17 09:16:06 2006

yes, because the interests of the magazine's readership and
advertisers are sometimes at conflict, some degree of editorial
skepticism is warranted.

in practical terms, however, the percentage of advertising revenue from
leica is probably de minimus. from purely advertising  perspective,
it would more likely be in the magazine's
interest to steer readers away from the M8 towards the slew of me-too
cameras that fill the advertising pages, or best yet, to ignore the M8
completely.

-rei