Subject: [Leica] Portraits that I'm proud of
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Dec 19 07:38:05 2006

Brian Reid showed:

> In recent years I've done almost exclusively studio portrait work. Not
> very Leica-like, I suppose, but I love it. I've recently been convinced by
> one of the LUG experts that I am not exposing myself to liability if I
> show them to you. I've picked a dozen of my favorites here. The boy in the
> third picture was very intimidated by my camera. The hairlight was set all
> wrong on the fourth picture, but I like like it enough to show you anyhow.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bkreid/ptipo/
>
> I think this is almost the first time I've ever posted real pictures (i.e.
> pictures that matter to me) to the LUG.<<<<<<,

Hi Brian,
Well done mon ami, well done.

Now a small word of advice......... ;-) ;-) Knock it off because you've just
made a bunch of shooters on list very nervous with this excellent set of
pictures. Like a lot of them don't need this wonderful competition! :-) :-)
Then maybe? ;-)

Oh and one more thing.....with a fine set of photographs like these there's
absolutely not reason to make excuses.....IE:

You like it, you shoot it, you show it! And no need to make negative
comments about the lighting. Because if it works for you and the subject, in
essence that's the only folks who need to be satisfied.:-)

Good on you, it's a fine set of portraits. Oh and the next time you have a
bunch you feel good about? Please send them along. Thank you

ted

Replies: Reply from bill at grimwood.net (Bill Grimwood) ([Leica] storms)