Subject: [Leica] Filter for the M8 B+W 486
From: meino at innerside.demon.nl (Meino de Graaf)
Date: Wed Dec 20 13:14:23 2006

Frank,

I just received the latest LFI. It contained a technical description why
    no interference filter was used in front of the sensor. Mainly two
technical problems.
        1) The interference that kills the IR, is based on the layer
thickness,
so when light rays hit the filter under an angle, the cutoff frequencies
will shift, but also due to the nature of the filter, it influences the
color reproduction.
        2) These filters are like mirrors which is a bad thing to have
inside
the camera behind the lens. It causes all kind of stray light bouncing
inside the camera.

Meino de Graaf