Subject: [Leica] Best flash for M8?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Thu Dec 28 05:47:42 2006

On Dec 28, 2006, at 5:12 AM, Frank Filippone wrote:

> Lucien... the M8 sensor works with all the pixels in the array
> integrating the light at the same time.

Frank, this seems to be a key point in your analysis.  I believe it
does not answer the question because an integration of light is not the
same as "at the same time".  "at the same time" is instantaneous, while
an integration is an accumulation over a time period.  For an exposure
time of 1/8000 sec the integration time period can be 1/250 sec with a
slit shutter limiting the exposure to any particular pixel to 1/8000
sec, so IMHO the results of your thought-experiment are inconclusive.

respectfully,

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com