Subject: [Leica] WTB : Noctilux (UK)
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Jan 1 00:38:30 2007

Thanks Tina.. I read it wrong.

That makes a lot more sense....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+red735i=earthlink.net@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+red735i=earthlink.net@leica-users.org] On Behalf Of Tina
Manley
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2006 6:19 PM
To: Leica Users Group
Subject: RE: [Leica] WTB : Noctilux (UK)

At 08:49 PM 12/31/2006, you wrote:
>I did not follow Tina's statement about the light through the 50 Summilux
>at F1.4 and the Noctilux at F1 being about the same
>amount.... Can someone please explain?  Tina?
>
>Or did I read it wrong?
>
>Frank Filippone
>red735i@earthlink.net

Frank - I was referring to the 35/1.4 and the Noctilux 1.0 - just that the
35 is wider and encompasses more light and you can also hold it at slower
speeds so I find that I can take photos with the 35/1.4 in about the same
light as the Noctilux 1.0.  The depth of field will still be greater, though.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com