Subject: [Leica] WTB : Noctilux (UK)
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Jan 1 07:40:31 2007

Whoops... maybe I did not understand you....
I thought you meant that because of the wider angle of the lens on a 35
compared to a 50, you got an extra stop of no-wiggle on the
shutter speed dial.  A 35 is easier to hold rock steady than a 50 at the
same shutter speed.  So effectively the 35 allows you to
shoot in low light at lower shutter speeds  than the 50.

Your experiences are what you know, so I will not debate the explanation you
state  below....and. most importantly,  it works for
you.....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Steve -  I'm not talking about photographing a white wall.  I'm referring
to photographing a normal scene - in a house, usually for me.  The wider
view is, the more light I'm taking in normally.  That's the way it works
for me anyway.  I can photograph the same scene with a 35 and a 50 and the
35 gives me a brighter reading of the whole scene.  Not spot metering,
averaging the whole scene.

Tina

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] WAS: WTB : Noctilux (UK) NOW: HAND HOLDING WEIGHT.)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] WTB : Noctilux (UK))