Subject: [Leica] Annie Liebovitz and the Sugar Bowl
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Fri Jan 5 19:03:54 2007

Quoth the Walt Johnson :

> pages. But her latest book is quite visual even though it's a monument
> to Susie S.   As most sensible shooters would offer up, I do admit Liebo
> envy. Am I the only honest one here?

Why would I envy her?  She's reportedly quite good at what she does,
and I'm sure she makes a great deal more money than I do... but I
don't care for heavily "produced" photographs,  don't find her work
particularly interesting, couldn't care less about associating with
"celebrities" (I meet a lot of very interesting people as it is, none
of whom have anywhere near the kind of ego issues that most
celebrities I've met are refusing to deal with...), and, while I
admit that having money is up to a point more fun than not having it,
I learned years ago that there isn't and never will be enough money
to make up for doing work I don't like and can't be proud of...

So I don't see anything at all that she has that I would want.  I'm
glad she's happy with what she does, but I'm equally happy that I'm
not her.

(And I freakin' bloody HATE walking into a room and hearing "Hey,
it's the photographer from the paper!!" because ain't getting NOTHING
interesting after that.)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com