Subject: [Leica] re:M8 ready to ship
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Wed Jan 24 05:02:36 2007

To take delivery or not to--your question.

To order one or not to--my question.

I am using a borrowed one; you have not had an extended test. I'll
share some of my reactions.

I did not expect to like the camera. My expectation was low and the
camera performed better than I had expected. I found I used it much as
I would my M6. I had a 21mm lens on it and I found I could hand hold
the M8 at a slower speed than the M6. I liked that. The controls were
easy to master. The camera has that annoying shutter sound you've read
about. I like to do candid photography and was annoyed by that.

I was advised to shoot JPEGFINE. I mostly shot RAW, which meant I can't
print many of the photos yet. The ones I could came out well.

I may buy one in a year or so.

Doug