Subject: [Leica]Response to IMG: Portrait of an Old Salt
From: hankpix at yahoo.com (Hank Kellner)
Date: Sun Jan 28 07:52:44 2007

Hello Will,
      This image is another example of how some photos become increasingly
valuable as time passes. I'm sure Ted's daughter will appreciate your gift
to her. Thanks for showing.
  Hank Kellner

William Ravenel <wmrav@triad.rr.com> wrote:
  I ran into the daughter of a guy I used to go to sea with in the 80s
this week and remembered a photo I'd taken of her father. He died
about ten years ago and I thought she'd like a print. I hadn't seen
this image in a long time, but was pretty sure I could find it. I
don't have the best filing system, just slide and negative sleeves in
loose leaf binders. After some searching I found it and was happy to
see that it was better than I'd remembered. I think its a pretty good
portrait of a man in his environment. I plan to surprise his daughter
with a print next week.

Thanks for looking.

Will