Subject: [Leica] First M8 experience
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Jan 29 20:21:32 2007

Yes, that has been my experience too. Cameras are NOT computers. The
Canon 1DII I use was launched in the fall of 2004, I believe. I bought
mine in the UK for 1500 GBP (at that time about $2700) in the fall of
2005, at a time when a new one could be had for around $4000 in the US.
So clearly some depreciation, but...today I see these selling on Miranda
for $2200-$2400, so it seems there has not been very much further
depreciation.

Anyway, I don't care. My return from this camera is measured in
pictures, not in Euros.

Nathan