Subject: [Leica] Elements 5.0 Versus Lightroom 1.0
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Jan 30 13:35:22 2007

Guys, Photoshop does cost a lot like Leica glass. That's because they're the
best. Really. For detailed manipulation of a digital
image it just can't be beaten. Yes it has a great deal of features that most
folks won't use, but the control and output quality
when working with 16 bit images is unmatched. I'm not referring here to
basic cropping adjustment or sorting needs.

Regarding the pricing, if it is for non-commercial use, and you have a
qualifying member of your household within the education
system, you can purchase an academic version very much cheaper than the
retail version. The software is identical, only the licence
differs. Our resident Adobe rep (Wade) may step in here.

So toughen up guys, be prepared to budget for it like a good lens and once
you have it you will never want to go back. Be warned
though, it's extremely addictive.

Cheers
Hoppy