Subject: [Leica] Re:Portrait Lens
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Jan 31 14:14:53 2007

I've done a goodly number of portraits with my M8. If I had one, Summilux 50
would be the perfect portrait lens for the M8. I use my Noctilux at f/4 and
it works like a dream for portraits. I wouldn't want anything longer than 50
for my portrait work.

I've experimented a lot with aperture for portraits, both on the M8 and on
other cameras. Now I always shoot all portraits at f/4 because I don't want
to experiment any more and I found it to be the best compromise among all of
the factors. If you're going to shoot at f/4 you don't need a Nocti, of
course, but that's what I have.

Replies: Reply from charlie at droolassicpark.com (Charlie Meyer) ([Leica] Re:Portrait Lens)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Re:Portrait Lens)
Message from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Portrait Lens)