Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: heninger at adobe.com (Wade Heninger)
Date: Sat Feb 3 10:19:51 2007

On 2/3/07 9:07 AM, "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> wrote:

> I think that I'm of the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" camp.  I'm
> perfectly happy with my Bridge/PS workflow, so I'll probably keep that for
> the time being.  But I'm reading info about Lightroom with interest, just
> in
> case I discover that I am missing out on the next silver bullet.  :)

Normally I'd agree with you.

But this is such a leap forward in terms of Raw processing and organization,
it really deserves to be looked at seriously.

The targeted adjustment feature is more than worth the upgrade, even if you
ignore everything else (which is substantial).

Bridge is good, and I was the principle designer on both releases, but I
don't use it much anymore because of the LR advantages.  That said, Bridge
2.0/ACR 4.0 is a nice upgrade if you want to stick with a file browser and a
modal raw experience.

w a d e  h e n i n g e r
u s e r  e x p e r i e n c e
a d o b e  s y s t e m s ,  i n c