Subject: [Leica] Lightroom & Bridge
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Feb 3 10:31:36 2007

Wade:

> That said, Bridge
>2.0/ACR 4.0 is a nice upgrade if you want to stick with a file browser and a
>modal raw experience.

Is that part of CS3?

> The targeted adjustment feature is more than worth the upgrade

That's being able to tweak the images in terms of color balance and density?

With the Bridge/ACR from CS2, I've found myself able to get pleasing proofs
without any manual work in PS itself.  I have a set of actions I run that do
basic tweaks for myself and result in a set of jpegs that I upload to my
favorite printing house, and I'm set in terms of 4x6 proofs.

I don't need a database for my photos.  I question how useful it would be,
since the source photos are not in a static location.  Eventually, they get
moved around to different hard drives.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/