Subject: [Leica] Re: National Geographic special
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Feb 5 19:21:27 2007

I turned my TV on to my local PBS station and lucked into a wonderful
National Geographic special about Joel Sartore. He is one of the
magazine's premier nature photographer and works out of L:incoln,
Nebraska. In addition to admiring his photographic eye, I learned
that you don't have to live in New York to get choice assignments.
You also need to wear a weightlifter's belt to avoid getting a hernia
from carrying a camera bag stuffed with four foot long telephoto
lenses. The show also describes the National Geographic approach to
selecting photographs. Editors go through 5 to 6 rolls of exposures
to select a single image. That's quite a selection ratio.

Try to catch this show. I'm sure it will be repeated.

Larry Z