Subject: [Leica] Re: National Geographic special
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Wed Feb 7 05:56:40 2007

Larry:

Thanks, I looked and found that it will be shown on WGBH in the Boston area:

<http://www.wgbh.org/schedules/program-info?program_id=3146092&episode_id=3146094>

http://tinyurl.com/2rc3tv

Jim

Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

 > I turned my TV on to my local PBS station and lucked into a wonderful
  National Geographic special about Joel Sartore. He is one of the
magazine's premier nature photographer and works out of L:incoln,
Nebraska. In addition to admiring his photographic eye, I learned  that
you don't have to live in New York to get choice assignments.  You also
need to wear a weightlifter's belt to avoid getting a hernia  from
carrying a camera bag stuffed with four foot long telephoto  lenses. The
show also describes the National Geographic approach to  selecting
photographs. Editors go through 5 to 6 rolls of exposures  to select a
single image. That's quite a selection ratio.