Subject: [Leica] EMERGENCY FS: Reflex stuff
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Feb 7 02:28:33 2007

Mark

If you don't want to use it, don't use it. No one will care. The article is
from 2002, and am I right you post this link everytime the discussion is
about paypal? I'm shure one could find negative news articles about any
bank, any postal service, any money transfer company from somewhere in the
past 5 years. There's a hair in every soup, if you use a magnifier and seek
long enough. BTW, this class action suit did not lead to a judgement. Maybe
it was just an opportunity for ambulance chasing lawyers to attempt some
publicity.

Don't want to put my hands in the fire for paypal, but I have done several
100 transactions in the past seven years, as buyer or seller, and had no
issue so far. But OTOH I have got checks from the USA that took 4 weeks to
clear, and the bank took a clearing fee which was 33% of the (admittedly
rather low) value. Or got a check that could not be cleared at all. Or I
sent a postal money order to Wyoming which arrived after 10 (!) weeks only.
Or I sent cash in a insured envelope to Germany and the seller pretended the
envelope had been opened an no money was in when he received it. Bank wire
from my country to foreign countries cost a minimum fee that makes small
transactions useless. And so on. Paypal with it's 3-5% fees isn't that bad
for intl. transactions, after all.

Didier

Replies: Reply from phamard at numericable.fr (Philippe Amard) ([Leica] EMERGENCY FS: Reflex stuff)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] EMERGENCY FS: Reflex stuff)