Subject: [Leica] How do you mount canvas prints?
From: Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Wed Feb 7 17:14:59 2007

Hi Adam:

If it really is canvas then you can go ahead and stretch it as per/Brian
and George.  I was taught to use hospital corners rather than those
shown in the first video.  The diagonal opening on each corner should
face to the back of the stretcher(s) rather than to the front so that a
frame can be attached without catching.

It it's really thick paper, the type with an embossed canvas texture,
then there's a good chance that you'll tear it when you stretch it...
although I've stretched a lot of quality watercolor paper such as
Arches, on stretchers by soaking it in water first.

You can also mount the canvas, ersatz or real, on your foam board or
something like masonite with a good quality vegetable glue. I've also
used Elmer's white glue in a pinch but am unsure as to it's archival
qualities. I've also dry mounted canvas many times, (before drawing or
painting on it).

Jim