Subject: [Leica] not entirely OT: the recurrent dilemma
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Mon Feb 12 07:36:07 2007

Brian Reid wrote:

> I have all of those lenses. I'm not much of an ultrawide guy, so I use
> the 16-35 only for architectural interior shots, and I get it off the
> camera as fast as I can. The 70-200 is a great lens, but it's
> tremendously heavy and increases the weight of an already heavy
> camera. The IS works, but you wouldn't need it if the camera weighed
> less.

Yes that 70-200 2.8 is huge and heavy.  I recently picked up a 70-200 f4
and it has become one of my favorite lenses...is not heavy at all has
great IQ and also focuses as fast, maybe faster than the 2,8 version.
One problem is some barrel distortion, so if you shoot stuff like
architecture stay clear of it, but for general shooting it rocks.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] not entirely OT: the recurrent dilemma)