Subject: [Leica] Re: The Elusive Digilux 3 (NOT DLlux3)
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Mon Feb 19 19:22:57 2007

2007-02-19-21:36:00 Mark Rabiner:
> Didn't see anyone with any reflectors though. Those disk things.
> You always use those for those. Used to be foam core. Now they're flappy
> disks. Silver on one side. White on the other. With a thin candy shell.

Like those Photoflex Litediscs?  Friend of mine used to call them
"elephant diaphragms".

You still see people toting around big rectangles of foamcore -- but
mostly on film or TV locations.  But then, if you're a well-regarded
enough still photographer the powers that be might assign you your very
own gaffer to run around with you toting a hunk of foamcore and being a
human reflector-stand as needed.  I've seen it.

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: The Elusive Digilux 3 (NOT DLlux3))