Subject: [Leica] which medium format?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Feb 25 20:53:54 2007

Not quite everyone......... Some of us are really enjoying  the availability
of lenses and bodies at bargain basement prices.....

As of about a year ago, Samys camera in LA had a bunch of 201 cameras new in
the box that they could not sell.  Of course, they
wanted full list price......  Yes, inventories are high and dealers are
dumping new inventory through EBay.

I think Alastair that you have a Hasselblad 205?  That is a really pretty
complex beast.  I have a 201 ( almost completely
mechanical, about as mechanical as an M7 without a meter) , and I expect
that it will be serviceable for a while, maybe 5-10 years
if I am lucky.... My 501CM will probably be serviceable for as long as an
M3.....  There are a lot of 500 parts out there.....  And
a lot of repair expertise in the non-factory sector.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

buy if you want to try, but don't expect longevity: everyone is running
from medium format like the plague!!!! and has been for about 5 years ---
the last film hassie sold in Melbourne was about 3 or 4 years ago!!!!

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] which medium format?)
Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] which medium format?)