Subject: [Leica] PAW - heninger - Portrait
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Mar 3 06:47:11 2007

Wade:

>I like the lighting effect overall, but have some questions about the
>catchlight in the eyes - the two white dots in the left eye bug me.
>
>What do people do with this?  Is this a faux-pas of the uninitiated, or is
>it normal.  What would you do different?

I've seen 'em with multiple catchlights and also with just one.  I'd say
it's largely personal preference.

If you are controlling the light, I'd try to set it up so that you only get
the catchlights you want, if at all possible.  Sonny already addressed one
way of doing that.

For all else?  If you really don't like it, then remove it.  No harm, no
foul.  Personally, I prefer one.  Maybe after I'm used to living on a planet
with two suns, I'll get used to two catchlights.  Until then, one is my
preference.  :)

--
Eric
http://canid.com/