Subject: [Leica] Mamiya 7 II for travel - spend my money (carefully)
From: faneuil at gmail.com (Eric Korenman)
Date: Wed Mar 7 08:10:49 2007

Ok - so the Hassie has been sitting too idle for too long.
I need to shake things up - I'd like to to do more travel MF photos
and I am thinking of going back to a Mamiya RF system. I had a 6 for
awhile and liked it.

I tried hiking with a Hassie -- boy that sucked - plus lack of tripod
reall took its toll.

Goal: Lightweight travel MF system with a monopod.
I am thinking of buying a used Mamiya 7 II and 80mm lens.

Any other suggestions for camera? I looked into Fuji too, but always
seem to get steered back to the Mamiya 7 for optical quality.

Monopod suggestions also welcome - needs to be lightweight and quickly
attachable/detachable.

So -- spend my money - but be frugal!

thanks
Eric